JCW FLOORSCREEDING – COMMITTED TO HEALTH & SAFETY
JCW Floorscreeding Contractors is a family owned company which fully understands the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
To underline our commitment to maintaining the highest standards, JCW Floorscreeding retains the services of Comply at Work, a specialist Health and Safety Consultancy with wide experience in the Building and Construction sectors.
FULL BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY ACCREDITATIONS
Accreditations earned such as CHAS, Constructionline and Worksafe Contractor demonstrate our ability to meet and exceed the standards laid down by the Health and Safety Executive. Thus providing customers with total reassurance about our professionalism in this increasingly important area.
These standards are mirrored through the company from management to site operatives and has resulted in a reduction in risk and injury in our working practices.
The list of current industry and health and safety accreditations, qualifications, awards and trade body memberships held by the company and key staff at JCW Acoustic Flooring includes the following:
CHAS (Contractors Health & Safety Scheme)
The UK Register of pre-qualified companies offering construction services
Our SMAS Worksafe Contractor accreditation is awarded by a nationally recognised scheme demonstrating Stage 1 Health and Safety competence by JCW Floorscreeding in meeting the “core” criteria as set out in the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations.
SMAS, the awarding body, is a member of the Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP) Forum.
TRAINING, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERTISE
JCW Floorscreeding utilises the services of Comply at Work, a specialist Health and Safety Consultancy with an in depth expertise in the Construction and Civil Engineering sectors.
Comply at Work is a member of the OSHCR (Health and Safety Consultants Register).
- (Site Managers Safety Training Scheme) This is held by all senior management
- SSSTS (Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme) This accreditation is held by all Acoustic Flooring supervisors.
- Johns Ambulance Emergency First Aid – All Supervisors have this training achievement
NVQ LEVEL 2 (FLOORSCREEDING)
All JCW Floorscreeding staff are trained to this standard
CSCS (CONSTRUCTION SKILLS CERTIFICATION SCHEME)
All JCW Floorscreeding teams are members of the above scheme
ASBESTOS AWARENESS TRAINING
- A rolling programme organised by Comply at Work, our retained specialist Health and Safety consultancy, to ensure all site staff are trained to an acceptable standard.
Our professional Health and Safety procedures ensure employee and project safety through:
- Regular and unannounced comprehensive site visits to inspect our site teams. This process covers all elements of health and safety best practices; the wearing, maintenance and storage of appropriate PPE; adequate first aid provision and the inspection of paperwork to ensure relevance and accuracy
- Full and rapid preparation of site specific RAMS (Risk Assessment Method Statement)
- Attending Health and Safety site meetings to advise on best practice
- Maintaining the Health and Safety Management System
- Maintaining the Quality Management Policy
- Maintaining the Environmental Management Policy
- Ensuring Health and Safety compliance across all company activities
- Maintaining Health and Safety compliance and training with respect to: Asbestos, Noise, HAVS, PAT, Electrical Competence, Working at Height, Waste and Environmental Management
The Barry Hobson Memorial Trophy
The Barry Hobson Memorial Trophy underlines the importance of Health and Safety. The Barry Hobson Trophy for Health and Safety achievement was born from JCW Groups desire to honour the memory of Barry Hobson, the company’s first Health and Safety Officer, after his unfortunate death in late 2011 from cancer.
Throughout the year, JCW Acoustic Floorings operatives are inspected on site by our Health and Safety staff. These inspections are unannounced and the performance of each team is scored against key criteria.
Checks are made on many elements of site activity such as the correct use of PPE, condition of tools, the correct signing in procedure is adhered to, first aid kits are present at the area of work and whether method statement and risk assessment s have been signed and understood.
The Barry Hobson Memorial Trophy and a £750 cash prize is then awarded to the winning team as recognition of the operatives achievements.
The monitoring of performance in this area has improved understanding of Health and Safety within the company as this process delivers education, training and an awareness of the importance of Health and Safety to all operatives.