Fibre Reinforced Sand and Cement Floor Screed
Polypropylene fibres are added and evenly dispersed in a screed mix. This helps minimise shrinkage cracking.
Traditional floor screed which contains polypropylene fibres to minimise shrinkage cracking.
Fibre Reinforced Sand and Cement Floor Screed Benefits
- Reduced early age shrinkage/cracking
- Improved flexural strength/flexural fatigue resistance
- Improved toughness
- Fibres may be used to replace expensive steel wire fabric/crack control reinforcement
- Reduced permeability
- Screed and fibres with strength classes conforming to BS EN 13813
- Light foot traffic – 48 hours
- Site traffic – 7 days
Fibre Reinforced Floor Screed Applications Suitable for use on the following bases:
- Solid concrete ground floor slabs directly in contact with the slab with suitable damp proof membrane between slab and screed
- Over an insulating layer to isolate the screed from the base
- Precast concrete units or beams with reinforcement
- In situ suspended floors
- As a topping to lightweight screeds based on lightweight aggregates
Fibre Reinforced Floor Screed Delivery
Traditional sand and cement floor screed is generally delivered on large 6 or 8 wheel tipper vehicles carrying a maximum of 15 or 20 tonnes of material respectively. However if there are access issues smaller vehicles can be made available.